WE'RE CELEBRATING QMHW AT SCHOOL.
Queensland Mental Health Week (QMHW/) is an annual awareness week that will be held from 9-17 October in 2021. We will be celebrating the week at school sharing information about mental health and wellbeing.
As parents and carers, you play an important role in your child's mental health.
- Talk to your child about why looking after their mental health is important.
- Take inspiration from the QMHW theme and engage in activities as a family that boost mental wellbeing. The 2021 theme for QMHW is 'Take time - for Mental Health', and focuses on six simple actions we can take to improve our moods, build resilience, and boost wellbeing. These actions are to take time to: Get Healthy, Keep Learning, Show Kindness, Connect, Take Notice, and Embrace Nature.
- Get involved in a local community event or host one yourself to raise awareness - you can find events or list your own on the QMHW website.
- Browse through the resources on the QMHW website, including the resources and links to support services on the 'Find help' page.
Mental Health Week Events
- Monday 11th October: Grounding Activites
- Tuesday 12th October: Odd Sock Day - because it's ok to have an odd day
- Wednesday 13th October: Guest from Pine Rivers Neighbourhood Centre visit down near G Block Basketball Courts – Morning Tea
- Thursday 14th October: Mental Health stand and free apple slinkies at G Block Basketball Courts – Morning Tea
- Friday 15th October: Walkathon!