Instrumental Music is an curriculum program offered at the Pine. Students are able to receive tuition on either their own instruments or on instrument supplied by the school through Parents and Citizens' Association funding or through Education Queensland.
Instrumental Music teachers arrange a roster for half hour music lessons so that the student does not miss the same lesson each week of his/her other school subjects. In case of a test/examination for a school subject where the student is normally expected to be at an instrumental lesson, the instrumental lesson is to be rescheduled.
The aims of the Instrumental Music Program:
- To provide the opportunity for musical development of students through instrumental instruction on a group basis
- To provide ensemble experience through the Concert Band, Stage Band, Middle School Band, String and Percussion Ensembles, so that students develop practical skills which encompass solo and group performance
- Perform regularly at school and public events – including the biennial Performing Arts Tour
There are currently three instrumental teachers allocated to Pine Rivers State High School on a part-time basis to provide tuition and to organise the ensembles.
- Mr Rowan Yates - Woodwind and Brass, Concert Band and Stage Band
- Mr Bruce Hamlin – Percussion, Percussion Ensemble
- Mrs Leanne Cahill Rashada – Strings, String Ensemble
- Miss Carolina Gomez – acting HOD the Arts
- Miss Rhonda Jago - IM Coordinator and classroom music teacher
No events planned
1 Breakup Pool Party