Applying for Cultural Scholarship Enrolment
Students applying for Year 7 under this category of enrolment are required to complete the Prospective Student Enrolment Application as well as other scholarship specific requirements. In addition to the folio submissions, students are required to demonstrate continued excellence in behaviour and effort to remain eligible for a Cultural Scholarship enrolment.
A non-refundable and non-transferable Processing Fee of $30.00 applies for all Scholarship Enrolment Applications.
Cultural (Visual Art) Scholarship Enrolment
Students applying for Cultural (Visual Art) Scholarship Enrolment must submit or attend:
- Prospective Student Enrolment Application (PDF, 900KB)
- A folio of 10 original works that best demonstrate their artistic ability. The work should be no larger than A3 size (photographs of larger works, 3D and sculptural work and USBs of time-based/digital media work may be included in the folio).
- Students in Year 6 applying for Cultural (Visual Art) Selective Entry into Year 7 may also be required to attend a workshop to demonstrate their skills.
Folios will be assessed on a student’s:
- analytical and interpretative drawing skills (ability to draw from life and to express and interpret through the drawing medium)
- experimentation with concepts, subject matter or materials (willingness to go beyond the standard convention of the medium and strive for innovation and originality)
- ability to interpret, express and communicate ideas (clarity and intent of ideas and aesthetic achievement).
Submitting Your Application
Send your completed application package to:
Pine Rivers State High School
STRATHPINE QLD 4500
Original documents included in the application can be returned by post if the application includes a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Pine Rivers State High School cannot accept any responsibility for documents sent by mail.
You are welcome to lodge the completed application packages to the school Administration office located on the Ash Court entrance, between 8:00am and 3:30pm on school days.