Dance/Vocal Audition Process - Year 7, 2021 Enrolment
Pine Rivers State High School has a strong history of excellent performance in the Performing Arts, particularly in the areas of Dance and our annual School Musical. Students enrolled under a Dance Scholarship are required to participate in the co-curricular Dance program e.g. Musical, Junior Dance Squad, Year 7/8 workshops for the duration of their Junior Secondary enrolment (Year 7-9) at PRSHS. Students enrolled under a Vocal Scholarship are required to participate in the Musical and co-curricular vocal program for the duration of their Junior Secondary enrolment (Year 7-9) at PRSHS.
The school’s enrolment management plan allows for scholarship enrolment in a number of categories. Selection processes and timelines for applications can be found on the school website https://pineriversshs.eq.edu.au/enrolments.
All persons interested in enrolment should read the relevant information.
From year to year the need for specific inclusions in the school performance programs may vary and the school therefore has absolute discretionary power to determine in which performance activities, and to which students in a particular activity, it has the capacity to offer assistance and support.
Students applying for entry into Year 7 2021 must identify the standard they have achieved in dance or vocal performance for enrolment.
Procedures for students wishing to audition:
- Obtain and complete an Expression of Interest for Student Enrolment, Student Enrolment Application and Cultural Scholarships - Dance/Vocal Audition Registration Form which are available on the school website.
- Lodge the Expression of Interest for Student Enrolment Student Enrolment Application (with required documentation) and the Cultural Scholarships - Dance/Vocal Audition Registration Form. Ensure copies of Year 5 School Reports for Semesters 1 and 2 and their Year 5 NAPLAN report are included.
- Closing date for Cultural Scholarship Dance/Vocal applications is Friday 1 May 2020. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Enrolment Fee of $30 must be paid on lodgement of these forms.
- The auditions for students applying for Cultural Scholarship – Dance/Vocal will be held on Wednesday 20 May 2020, 11.30am – 2.30pm at PRSHS. Parents will be advised by email or post of the specific time of their child’s audition early in Term 2.
Dance Audition requirements:
Students are required to prepare two 30-45 second dance pieces in differencing styles (eg Contemporary, Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Hip Hop), at least one of which should be self-choreographed and not work from their studio/eisteddfod team/classwork dances. These works should be selected to demonstrate the applicant’s technical proficiency and performance personality.
Vocal Audition requirements:
Students are required to prepare two pieces in their entirety that represent different music styles. These works should be selected to demonstrate the applicant’s technical proficiency and performance personality. Please advise if musical accompaniment is required.
Parents/students will be notified in writing with regard to the success of their application. (Late June)
Students must have school reports that reflect an ability to cope with the academic demands of the PRSHS curriculum and above average behaviour reports.